Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Don't be a Hero


Next time I think about saving a cat from my dog I'm going to remember to cover my face. Here's to another visit to the ER and another handsome ER doctor. .. . One who stitched up the laceration above my eye and said... that was ONE PISSED OFF CAT!!

No really he was just scared to death and trying to get to higher ground. I guess my head looked like a fine place to start.

The whole story is ... I was taking my cats outside to get used to the back yard today. When I was done with that I took them back inside and started cleaning out the litter box. Well Whiskers darted out and so I went to find him. Then the dog came out the back door, saw the cat and chased him all over the yard. Whiskers tried to climb up a really tall tree and got half way up and fell out. I thought he was hurt so I rushed over and picked him up and was rushing him back downstairs and into the house. Well, despite my ordering him to stay put, the dog ran up behind me and jumped on me. He scared the cat to death and the cat scratched me to try to get away and run.

I'm really lucky he didn't get my eye. He came super close! When I rushed inside to see the damage there was blood ALL over my face. It scared me to death. But hey, now I have a built in halloween costume huh.



1 comment:

Silvesters said...

Wow!!! It looks like it was pretty painful. Hope you are feeling better.

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...