Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Miss Manners

Miss Manners would like your suggestions on teaching children not to whine. Not being a mother herself, miss manners is at a loss as to how to communicate to her young nephews that whining is like fingernails on a chalk board. Daaaah!!!


In other news... the nasty spiders of all sizes and kinds have been taking over my basement. So I put out spider poison the other day. Well I guess it's working because I walked into my kitchen one morning and this is what I found.

I can't say that I don't feel bad. I'm such a wimp. But he did ask for it. ...crawling around like he owned the place. So because I did feel bad, I at least photoshoped his picture to make him look cool in death. Now he's in the garbage can looking cool in death. :)

Ha ha... And how could I possibly leave out this cute little picture of my fuzz ball. He was so curious and concerned about what was going on with the camera.

6 comments:

MommaM said...

You should turn the dog picture into Jones Soda Company... :D

Apryle Moss said...

I am glad you did away with the spider. I love the photo shopping. I wish I had it. The whining I don't know what to tell you because I can't figure out the whining myself. So when someone lets you know you let me know. It was great to hang out with you and Steph. We need to do it again soon.

Stephanie said...

Ew, gross! I HATE spiders!!! Death to them all! Okay, okay, I'll only wish a slow and painful death to the ones living inside our homes. The outdoor ones can go on living and doing supposedly good things for our yards and gardens. I must say you are getting quite talented with photoshop!

How to stop kids from whining? When Gunnar was born, one of my close friends who lives in Cali mailed me a little care package. Inside she had small ziplock bags of Starburst candies for the girls, stating that it was a great way for me to get a quick moment of peace and quiet! Who can whine with their mouth full of chewy goodness? Not that we want to reward kids for whining... but sometimes we can stop up their little chompers with goodies BEFORE they whine! Ha! Funny, huh?! Good luck, Auntie Heidi!

Heidi L Barber said...

Great idea Steph! lol. By the way, I was not accusing Elisa of not mothering properly... I am WELL aware that ALL children whine and that it has nothing to do with the amazing skills of the mother. Just was asking advice.

Andrea Hardman said...

Love the pictures. Here's my whining strategy. If my kids whine, I say, "use a normal voice, I can't understand whining" and after you say that 10 times and never give in, they will either stop whining or have a breakdown. Let the breakdown happen and walk away. When they want you to know, they will tell you, without whining. Good luck.

Heidi Bruner said...

Here is my whine for the day; will you pleeaassee send me a link to the PSD tut you ran on your picture? too too cute.

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...