Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Vacation Wonders

My trip to New York was SO much fun! I am back now and I have some pictures for everyone.
Our first night we got there around 6 in the evening and went for a walk around town. We then had the most delicious Taiwanese food. By the end of the evening I was totally jet lagged and ready to sleep. Quite a few of my classmates went out to clubs and to the Empire State Building... Not me. I was TOO tired and so was the girl sharing a room with me. So we just went back to bed around 11pm.
On Our second day we took the Staten Island Ferry out and back so that we could see the Statue of Liberty and the city from the water. It was pretty neat. I wish I could have actually seen the Statue up close, but hopefully I will be able to go back and visit NYC again someday.
After we got back from the ferry we took a whirlwind tour around the big tourist areas of New York. I was taking pictures as fast as I could. I thought it was funny that in the financial district, there was a statue of a bull (market) and the most polished part of the statue was its genitalia. LOL. Eeeew! I chose not to touch the bull balls. :)














Here are a few more pictures. Theres one with the statue of Washington in front of the building where he took the oath of office for the presidency. Then there is one of me with a fake statue of liberty. Then there's one of the Brooklyn bridge and of course in front of the New York Stock Exchange.
After our incredibly fast tour of the city we marched up to the Metropolitan Museum of Modern art. I loved it madly!! I could have spent 2 days in there! I didn't see nearly as much of it as I wanted to. It closed before we could see it all.

Well alright... That's probably enough for now eh? More later! Love you!






















1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It looks as if your NYC trip was a raging success! There is definitely a lot to see in that city. I must have been ten or eleven when my parents took our family there, but I loved it because there were so many people and such excitement all around me. Did you only get ONE afternoon/day at the art museum??? Well, anyhow, I loved seeing the pictures of the trip and I'm glad you had a great time!

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...