Saturday, May 30, 2009

Can you iddentify this plant???

This is a plant I've had for a few years. I bought it at WalMart around Christmas time. It said it was a lily. It has never flowered. This is the most prolific it has ever been with its leaves. Usually there are only 2 stems with a leaf on each end. Anyone have any idea what this is? It doesn't look like a lily.






A close up of one of the leaves.




And I am finally posting a few pictures from my NY trip earlier this month.

Here is our sexy car. Sadly, Pontiac will no longer be making this one. :(

Here I am in said sexy car! :D


While we were up there we were doing some genealogy for the Parker line. Here is one of the cemeteries that we visited. Very beautiful.

A possible relative?

After our genealogy section, we drove over to Palmyra to see the Smith family home and the sacred grove.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You lucky duck! New York looks gorgeously lush this time of year, from the pictures! It sounds like a wonderful trip. I love the car, too! How neat that you got to visit Palmyra. I haven't been to the Sacred Grove since I was just a kid. I'd love to go back.

My guess on the plant: Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum). Try a google search and see if the pics look like your plant. They do bloom indoors, and their blooms are gorgeous, white ones resembling calla lilies. Here's what my Houseplants books says about said plant: "Its large, dark green oval leaves taper to a point; they stand erect or arch slightly on slender leaf stalks that rise directly from the soil." Does is sound like your plant? I could definitely be wrong. :-) I like Peace Lilies, though, and they're fairly common. It looks great!

Heidi L Barber said...

I'm not sure! I am way grateful for your expert advice though! The leaves all seem so much shorter than the ones I see in the pictures. Who knows!!! :)

We totally need to get together! I want to see your new pad!

Apryle Moss said...

Sounds like your trip to NY was awesome. I would love to go to Palmyra especially since I have been to Nauvoo and Winter Quarters. Sounds like you had lots of fun. Have you found a job yet. We should get together soon. Sorry last week got crazy and so maybe this week. Lets call each other -k-. Talk to you later.

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...