Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fun in Sunday School

This week in Primary I was teaching about the birth of our Savior. I wanted the little ones to have fun and enjoy the story so I told them that we were going to be the shepherds in the fields watching our sheep, etc... you know the rest of the story.

Well, I decided that I would make a sheep for each of the kiddos to "watch over". Ha ha ha! Look what happened...


Sheep #1's head was so heavy he fell over on it repeatedly.


Sheep #2 couldn't stand up because his legs didn't stick into him far enough. ...and he kind of looks like a messed up buffalo...

And finally.... Thanks to my mother's brilliant ideas...


Here is what I went with in the end. We had a whole herd of them. I let the kids take one home each. :)

I think Ma and I had as much fun making them as the children did playing with them. LOL.


Poor little deformed sheep. :(

Also, I've been out to Farmington bay a few times in the past month. The first time was SO cold! We were going out to look for the bald eagles that hang out here in the spring.


All we saw on our first trip was a crane from far far away.


Our second trip was a little more fruitful. It's warm this year and the birds don't come in very close to the shore, so all my pics are from a million miles away, but it was fun none-the-less.

We took Buddy with us this time. It was fun. I think he enjoyed himself; running and sniffing and marking everything he could. I don't know how dogs save enough pee to do that!!

Anyway, I'm off to ALABAMA for the week! So you all have a fabulous time here! I hope you'll comment on my blog while I'm away. I'm a lonely little hermit girl stuck in the recession and I check my blog and email and facebook WAY too much just hoping someone has commented!

Love ya'll... Sorry for the shameless begging for comments!

5 comments:

Apryle Moss said...

Hey love the little sheep very cute idea. Hey I talk to the guy that comes home teaching. He said he would like to meet you before he goes on a date so maybe we can get together at our house of course without any kids I will pawn them off with someone. I am not sure when we will do it, but hey at least I brought it up and asked. So now he is in the know that I would like to set you 2 up. Anyway hope all is well don't have to much fun in Alabama. I want to hear your best southern accent went you come home. Talk to you later.

Care said...

I *LOVE* your sheepies!!

Have a good time in Alabama... Can't wait to hear about it! :o)

Stephanie said...

I feel the same way about comments, Heidi! I rely WAY too much on them and feel entirely friendless when no one leaves a comment. Poor us!

So, here are my real comments: first of all, I love that you go bird-watching in Farmington! You make me miss Davis County. I love your pictures. It's pretty out there.

Secondly, what are you doing in Alabama for a week?? Is that where your sis lives? Oh, you lucky dog! That'll get you out of the wintery blues for a bit, I hope! Have a wonderful trip. I really do miss you, Heidi. Back to the comments thing for a sec: you always leave the best, most heartfelt comments and are so sympathetic and sweet. Thank you so much!!! Take lots of pictures in alabama!

Stephanie said...

Oh, yeah, the sheep are AWESOME! I hope you saved one for me... ;-)

Unknown said...

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=18746612&postID=6649506274575826624&page=1&token=1270040947870_AIe9_BGX1IiFQzBMXXZCLKCIECHT_6LoSlCxpr91BaqSoyBGMp1AUYOA4rRDDlVNUoH81JdNBAOJVUBql3fmWwkkbdu0lIQfVUhrpAXPKqsfYNOeS38m6GbI8x-1Z30YOVjtylSiGYowiChlI55u5PlQlUF8tKfyY7h06mtYPE35_D53yeIyqREqPM_2v_BnLlN4X4bt44ZUDRsT6dUqGZEQCGkrfW9GLp6cmI7HBAzdB1gMt2jFNQY&isPopup=true

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...