Saturday, April 4, 2009

AIGA show


Well I worked REALLY hard to get everything ready in time for the AIGA show on Friday. For those who don't know its a group of professional graphic designers. I sat with a bunch of members of my classes. None of us really got shining reviews. At least not on my table. The critiques were kind of hard to take.

I thought that was interesting as I am very used to critique. I think what I didn't like was that a few of the professionals didn't tell me WHY it was not designed well, they just told me I am not a good designer. All in all, I think it was worth while to go down. If for nothing else, I got a reality check that the real world sucks just as bad as school does. SO I'm going to have to get a job where no graphic designer has ever been before and then the employer will think I am amazing.

Either that or I'm going to have to learn more code and just become a web coder. I think they earn more anyway.

Anyway the parents have gone to bed and seeing as I am at their house... Its super quiet and dark now and I'm getting sleepy. Talk to you all later.

No comments:

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...