Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cabin Fever




Hi. I am bored. We've got ice rain falling outside and I can't go out and do anything. So I've been stuck inside since 1 p.m. Not that I couldn't be doing something useful like homework, but that sounds even MORE boring!

So I was happy to see how hopeful the people of our country are about our new president. Regardless of whether you like the guy or not, hope inspired in the people is a good thing. Also, his promoting of service to others and self reliance are also very good things. Now it's up to every individual to take that hope and make something of it. I am hopeful that this will be a good chapter in America's history books. I am going to go on Saturday to find a volunteer organization and see where I can be involved.

And lastly, a note that a friend told me was finally getting annoying... the countdown... I have made it from triple digits to double digits! YEA!!! Exciting and terrifying all at once! My roommate went to find a job today. She went to the Department of Workforce Services here in Logan and they told her they only had 4 jobs!!!!! All of the jobs required a degree! I had not realized the extent of damage our economy is facing! I hope that when I graduate I can find work! But I suppose I can't worry about that too much tonight.

No comments:

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...