Monday, December 14, 2009

Sewing and Woe-ing

Like what I did with this frog picture? I made the reflection myself. I'm doing a bunch of that to help myself remember how to make these reflection thingys. They're so popular these days.

Anyone have any good tips on how to take a grown up pattern and shrink it down to make a matching outfit for a 3 year old???

I've been in this whirlwind of sewing wonderment. I don't know what it is, how it happened or why, but it bit me good. I've got like 12 projects going at once and I am loving every minute of it!

In other news, I have been called as the CTR 5 teacher. This past Sunday was my first time. It was a lot of fun. I love that age group. I have a VERY smart little boy and a cute chattery sweet girl. I havent met the rest of them yet, it was pretty snowy and I think that they were sick. But anyway... What's the protocol on reining in unruly children. All 5 year olds have a hard sitting still and being quiet for such a long period of time in church. I think that's understood, but how much of a disciplinarian should I be. Should I let them be out of their seats if they're paying attention? What if they are asking a bunch of questions that are off topic?

Suggestions?



And finally, tomorrow I get to go and check out the inner workings of a local print shop. I am SUPER excited about that. I asked for a tour and mentioned the option of me being an unpaid intern there. We'll see if they like that idea. :)

1 comment:

Andrea Hardman said...

The voice of recent experience says that you have to be very firm with those guys but also very sweet. Don't give an inch, really. If they have a hard time sitting, build up and down time into your lesson plan. But make them sit when it's sitting time. But, also, NEVER lose your temper with them. Firm but never mean. If you lose your temper, they get scared and you lose them. There, my vast knowledge in one condensed post.

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...