Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Twinki Sushi

So one time a long time ago I was scanning the internet as I do almost every single day and I came across a recipe for Twinki Sushi. (insert credit-giving-link HERE)

My father took it to a family get together this past weekend and everyone was asking for the recipe or a how-to. So here it is:

Twinki Sushi
Serves 4-ish if you have 2 each and fight over the last one.

What you'll need: 3 twinkies, 3 green fruit roll ups, orange slice candies or Swedish Fish candy, a cutting board, a bread knife, and a sharp tipped knife.





bread knife



Sharp tipped knife
______________________________________

STEP 1: Cut the ends off of the twinkies with the bread slicing knife and eat them or feed them to your dog (your choice).


Next: cut the twinki into 3 one-inch thick pieces.


Repeat the process with the other 2 twinkies. You should end up with 9 pieces.

Step 2: Unroll a fruit roll up (leave it on its wrapper for now.) One fruit roll-up per twinki should do.


Place a twinkie piece on the top and cut along both sides of it. (We tried wrapping the whole twinki in the fruit roll up and then slicing it but it didn't work as well... kinda got squished.)


Now peel the strip off the plastic and wrap it around your twinki slice.
Repeat with the other 8 pieces and place them on your serving dish.


From the remaining fruit roll-up pieces, cut a bunch of thin slices as a garnish.
I laid them across the top of the twinki and stuck the ends to the side like so:
Chop up a few pieces of orange candy or you could use dried fruit too.
Use as an additional garnish on the Twinki.
Also, you could use Swedish fish or any other candy you choose.

Serve to your guests with chocolate and caramel ice cream topping (wasabi sauce). Chopsticks optional.
Lots of fun. I had two neighbors fooled into thinking it was real sushi. I had to explain to them that it was candy! lol.

4 comments:

Care said...

ha ha! i love it!!

Stephanie said...

You've GOT to be kidding me! I LOVE it! Mmmm... I want one right now. Those are amazing looking. Although I'm sure mine wouldn't look quite so artistic ;-)

Apryle Moss said...

That is so awesome. Brian and I went to a sushi place for our anniversary and I chickened out and got some chicken dinner. I did try Brian's sushi, but man I would eat that sushi you made any day. I love it and it really does look good. Thanks for sharing that is so cool.

MommaM said...

Love it! ♥

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...