Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Overwelmed with creativity


Most of you who read and comment on this blog know exactly what I mean when I say that every now and then I just NEEEEED to create something. Usually it's a craft, sometimes it's artwork, sometimes it's clothing... but whatever it is... It fulfills an undeniable and unstoppable drive in me.

I have been visually feasting on crafts for several hours. I am in love with Kristine McKay's blog. Visit it here: http://www.kmckaydesigns.com. So what I am wondering, my fellow crafters (You know who you are) Do you ever get so magically drawn in by all the amazing ideas out there online that you wind up spending all your time looking and drooling over ideas instead of doing stuff? If so, how do you keep from falling into that trap... because although it is a beautiful feast of visual entertainment... I wish I had something to show for it... i.e. a finished craft/art piece/etc.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe it. I did the EXACT SAME THING just two days ago. I got the idea in my head that I need to make little tote bags for my girls and was originally going to sew them. Well, I've been into crocheting for the past week and a half and decided maybe I could crochet a bag. So, I have spent a ton of time searching for free online patterns that look simple enough for my level of skill-- and drooling over bags that are gorgeous and wondering if I'll ever be talented enough to make similar beauties. Ahhhh....

And about the bags? I've decided to sew myself a handbag, in the meantime! Maybe sometime I'll get around to the girls' totes. Lol.

I LOVE to create! I'm going to have to check out that blog you recommended.

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...