Sunday, May 25, 2008

7 days to go!!!

Well everyone, 
There are only 7 days left until I am leaving for Switzerland. I am so excited!! Actually, we could say it's only 6 more days because today is almost over and we're leaving early early on the 1st. 

I had a nice birthday. Maytag and his family made me a very nice dinner and a MOST DELICIOUS carrot cake ever. Donna (Maytag's mom) made these carrots for dinner that I tried and would you believe it... I actually liked them! A lot!!! lol. For those of you who don't know, carrots have been my arch nemesis for these past 25 years. (I can't remember if I liked them when I was little). Anyway, they were soaked in butter and that seemed to make them oh so palatable. :)

But I have had a long day and my head is sleepy now, so I'm going to put myself into bed. I hope you all are doing fantastic! I'll talk to you later.

3 comments:

Apryle Moss said...

Hey Heid,
I am so sorry I was going to try and remember your birthday. I hope you had a good one. It sounds like it was nice. I hope you feel as old as me now. I hope that you have a wonderful trip you will have to tell me all about it when you get home. I hope that all is well with you. Take care and Happy Birthday a day late.

Stephanie said...

Aargh! I, like Apryle, was also dead set on remembering your birthday this year. I thought about it a week or so ago. And then my brain got lost somewhere in the meantime. I'm sorry I'm such a terrible friend! I'm glad you had a nice b-day, though, and got to eat nice, buttery carrots. Mmmmm.... I can't believe you're leaving for Switzerland so soon! I really am jealous. It is such an inspiringly beautiful place. You'll never want to leave and come back to Utah. I hope you have a marvelous time! Do lots of fun shopping in tiny villages. And take lots of gorgeous pictures to post on your blog. How long will you be gone, again? 2 months? We will HAVE to get together when you get back because I'll be absolutely dying to hear the details. I'm not kidding. You know how passionate I am about Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. Be safe and remember who you are! lol. :-)

Sandy N said...

So who is this Maytag? And is that your nickname for him? Sorry I am clueless. :)

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...