Sunday, May 11, 2008

Green Canyon

Well I guess I can be super surprised and scold myself for being a negative Nelly. I had a really fun time on tonight's date with Porter. This picture doesn't even do the guy justice. He's way way good looking! This picture is okay, but in person is better.

It turned out that we couldn't go to the Demolition Derby because of all the rain we've had recently so instead he took me on a picnic up in Green Canyon, which I had not previously been to. Its a fun little canyon. We had sandwiches and chips.


We went on a walk and kinda got to know each other. He's really quiet, that made me kinda nervous cuz I am really kinda quiet too sometimes but when I get nervous I talk too much. So I hope I didn't talk too much.


He did put his arm around me, so I guess my talking so much can't have been too terrible. lol. *tee hee* (Girly aside; He put his arm around me... and he held my hand when it got cold. Giggle.) Okay Okay! Enough girlishness.


Yeah, so I had a fun time. He asked me out again for next week. Interesting. I already have 4 dates for next week. I tell ya, when it rains it pours! Crap! I hope I remember which days and times all of these are!


The next one is with Thad. I've never met someone named Thad before. I wonder if that is short for something. He's from Nibley. He rides horses. Pretty cute from his picture huh. He talks real slow on the phone. He's taking me to dinner on ... um... Tuesday. Crap. I think it was Tuesday... He says he's super active. I assume he means physically, but you never know... I guess he could be talking about church and stuff. We'll see.

Anyways, I am glad I had a fun time tonight. Sure wish I could tell what he thought of me. He's hard to read. hmmmm.... What do you think? I was pretty sure the hand holding thing was a good sign. And he didn't try anything more, so that was a better sign. :)

Do you think I should have not let him hold my hand? I never know. Its like I have no social skills to know whats appropriate at what time and all. Because I don't want to seem easy, but I also don't want to seem stiff either. hmmm. I did want to hold his hand because he's cute and yes, I was cold. I guess its all good. I don't know.

Opinions?

3 comments:

Apryle Moss said...

Hey Heidi
I think it is great that you have all these dates. I hope that it all works out and that you have a lot of fun. Hey you are not a grouch. I think you are a wonderful person is very happy at least when I am around you. I hope you enjoy your 4 dates next week. Miss ya. Take care.

Andrea Hardman said...

You're silly and I like you.

Stephanie said...

This is getting very exciting! I'm reading your blog in chronological order because I fell behind and am catching up and I'm excited to see what happens next! I love that you're keeping us all up to speed on your dating life. I'm rooting for Porter (Green canyon guy). I was thinking about you today, and an Indigo Girls song came to mind. Are you an I.G. fan? I love you, Heidi, and wish you luck with the dating! Just weed out all the ones who aren't real gentlemen, okay?! P.S., don't get all obsessed about whether it was okay or not to hold Green Canyon's hand. When Cory and I started dating, I got too concerned about whether we were being "too physical" or not and it kind of messed things up for a little bit. Not that you (people in general) shouldn't be careful, obviously, but that we shouldn't overthink every tiny thing. You know what I"m saying and I'm going to stop raminbling now... And now, back to my reading!

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...