Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jump!

Today's fabulous entry is dedicated to the Pointer Sisters, My mother and of course my lovely older sister, Andrea.

I was on Facebook and someone had looked up the #1 hit on the day they were born... So OF COURSE I had to look up what song was the coolest the day I was born. It was FUNKYTOWN by lipps. So that got me looking at some other fun old 70's songs. And I was remembering playing on the furniture with my sister. So I downloaded one of our classic dance songs.

We had to be between 3 and 5 years old. Mom and Dad had a record of the Pointer Sisters and while she was doing the dishes sometimes she'd put it on for us. The name of the song is "Jump". We used to take song lyrics so litterally! We would jump from the couch to the floor and run across the room to the chair and repeat. All the while giggling so hard we could hardly breathe.
Good times. If I can find one I'll post a picture of the two of us around that age.

2 comments:

Andrea Hardman said...

Loved that song. Still do. The Pointer sisters really could make us move. Good luck tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you.

MommaM said...

Hey! I used to play that game too.... sniff. :(

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...