Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Day of Rest... At Last!




Well I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to today. They have us rushing around so much durring the week. I feel like we're always stressed out to get somewhere. I don't know if it could be different with such a big group, but it sure is annoying. I was so tired today that I really did rest for a long time.

Tomorrow we are traveling to Luzern which
 is in the middle of Switzerland (about 3 hours away from Leysin, where our hotel is.)  There is supposed to be an amazing acoustics museum there. 
Yesterday we went to one of my favorite places so far. The name of it is Sion, which translates into Zion. Our church meetings will be there next week and the week after. I am looking forward to going back.

We went to a street festival there yesterday which was supposed to be about art, but the main focus was on little kids and then equally on the HUGE celebration of the soccer championships that are going on here in this country. They won their first game. I know
 because of the many fireworks that were going off last night around 11 p.m. and the cars driving all around town honking and yelling happily.
Our photo assignment was to get lots of people pictures at the festival. I got several that I like a lot. Here's a few of them.



A girl just came down and sat next to me to use the internet. I wa
s reading a local Utah story about how they are banning bikini's in a pool in Kanab and kinda shaking my head because I think people should have the choice to do what is right and not to be forced to do the right thing. She just looked down her nose at me and said she was glad that she didn't have to be exposed to seeing that disgusting display of the human body.
 I guess we can't all be as holy as her.
 
I am trying to make friends here. So far has been okay. I think it's kind of like trying to form an alliance on Survivor. People don't really stay loyal when it comes to sticking together in town. So I am just doing whatever I want and if people happen to want to come with me, all the better. 

If I ever do a Europe trip again I think it would definitely be better with a friend or a family member. Does anyone want to come with me? PLEASE!!! It's awesome here, but it would be so much more fun with someone to share it with. :) I really like my roommates. Nicole is from Riverton and very laid back and friendly. Kait is so funny. She's from Idaho I think and I found out she actually lives in the same building as me at home! Yea! The other two are Michelle and Abby. I don't know where they're from but they're nice. They do their own thing most of the time. Michelle is amazing with photography and has a fantastic selection of music. She doesn't talk to me very much but when she does she's nice.

Anyhow, I better get off of the internet before someone has to have me killed. It doesn't work very often and I only have a little while on it when it does. Go figure. I'm going to have so much to catch people up on when I get home. And it's going to take a long time for me to catch up on your blogs too!!! Love you all!

4 comments:

Apryle Moss said...

It sounds amazing Heid I would come with you any day if I could find someone to watch my kids. I would love to travel Europe and see all the amazing things. Have more fun. I will keep checking your blog for more updates. I love all the pictures it is awesome.

Sandy N said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love hearing about it. Keep the posts coming.
Love ya
Sandy

Andrea Hardman said...

Heidi,
You're awesome. It's kind of good that you're very busy and that you get a day off here and there. Just remember that if you start feeling blue, it's the tiredness talking, not reality. I think that it is truly awesome that you are out there doing something like this! Talk to you soon.

Stephanie said...

I still can't believe you're REALLY there! Love all the pictures. I know what it's like, too, to have a busy trip. Sometimes you just want to scream! Cory's and my trip to Europe was like that. Every single minute was scheduled. We actually passed the most incredible looking village I have EVER seen and we didn't even have time to stop and explore. Now THAT really stinks! I'm glad you had a restful day on Sunday, though. Do you think Switzerland is the most gorgeous country on earth? How do you find the people? The food? The cities and villages? The chocolate????!!! I'm glad you like your roomies. I'm glad you're not afraid to do your own thing, though, and make the most of your experience. Man! I'm so jealous. Live it up, girl! Have you bought any fun souveniers yet?

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...