Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fun fun


Today was the first day of my 10 days of free time. I went to a little city by Lake Geneva called Vevey. I had a lot of fun. I love having enough time to look at stuff. I wanted to go back to the Chateau de Chillon now that it is sunny, but I got hot and sunburned before I could get there.

I found a bunch of cool stuff though. I purchased a few things. Everything here is 3 times as much as it is in the states. According to one of the teachers here, the last time they checked (3 years ago) minimum wage was 20$ an hour!!! No wonder I can't afford anything! But the fashion here is just amazing. I am determined to graduate, pay off college costs, save up, and then throw out ALL my clothes and come here and buy a whole new wardrobe! Okay... maybe it will take a while. But you get the point. The clothes are awesome.

Here are a few pictures from our hike on Thursday. It was beautiful. The girls braided my hair so I could be "Heidi of the Mountain" like in the Swiss story "Heidi" it was pretty fun. The cows were nice and tame and let us pet them.

2 comments:

Apryle Moss said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I will make this short I have to go to bed we are leaving in the morning for California. I hope you enjoy your 10 days of freedom to do what you want. I will talk to you later. Take care.

Care said...

Love the pictures! It looks like such beautiful countryside. I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Does anyone Blog anymore?

You see a lot of ads about making money using a blog, but I don't have close friends who are blogging anymore. That is why I am just g...